Anxiety, just like other emotions, is one of the extremely common ones we humans experience. It usually surfaces when an individual gets too stressed about their daily issues and problems. However, anxiety is just not yet another feeling a person gets. When stressful emotions become too persistent in a person’s life, their ability to function properly gets adversely affected and it becomes a disorder. And just like all other mental disorders, no gender is immune to this one. Hence, today, we have brought for all you lovely people a small blog shedding light on the meaning of anxiety.
Symptoms of anxiety disorders:
Although the most common of all the symptoms of anxiety disorders is excessive fear, the following are other significant and relevant symptoms people suffering from anxiety disorders face.
- Feeling faint or dizzy
- Shortness of breath
- Dry mouth
- Chills or hot flashes
- Apprehension and worry
- Numbness or tingling
Now, the question arises- what are the factors causing anxiety disorders in individuals?
Common causes of anxiety disorders:
- Surrounding stressors- Difficulties at work, relationship issues, or intra-family problems
- Genetics- Research suggests that people who have or have had family members with an anxiety disorder are more likely to experience the same themselves.
- Medical factors- Symptoms of some other disease, the effects of your ongoing medication could also cause anxiety.
- Chemistry of the brain- Psychologists say that many anxiety disorders occur due to misalignments of hormones and electrical signals in the brain.
- Withdrawal from an addictive substance- Withdrawal from such illicit substances can also cause anxiety disorders among people.
If just like most other adults out there, you also suffer from anxiety, then find yourself a comfortable spot in your house, get your coffee ready, and click on the link below to help your heart and mind relax. Our therapies can help you look inward, challenge your negative beliefs, and build the much-needed resilience to improve your relationships, build confidence, and live a much better life… ultimately!